Wednesday, October 21, 2009





Rad Reviews

Feel free to critique the critic here btw... But I'm bored, and I wanna put my two cents in on Where the wild things are and Paranormal Activity.

Where the Wild things are is a super short children's book that most of us honestly have never read. BECAUSE!! it's mainly pictures!! and you don't read pictures.... or dooo youuuu?? I was really hyped going into the movie, and wasn't so hyped walking out. I was anticipating an entertaining story-line, or some sort of plot, but in the end... it seemed like a movie that was open for interpretation. And that's cool and all, but damn! after months of hype going on all over the internet, the tv, and billboards... I was expecting a LOT more. Especially from your boy spike jonze(famous director). Whatever...



Paranormal Activity was pretty intense. But I caught a bad case of the giggles. Which can inevitably ruin the magic for scaring yourself. Every scary scene was border-line funny... I know it wasn't just me. There were tons of people in the theatre that were laughing incessantly throughout the movie. I guess laughings contagious, but still... This movie just seemed like a lame excuse to make a low budget movie, but again... HYPE'd up marketing for everyone to be pressured into seeing. I'm not gonna lie though... I couldn't sleep that night.. haha


Sorry for the negativity... it's not my style, but a critics gotta do what a critics gotta do. nahm sayin?


randy

No comments: